Monday, June 28, 2010

For the First Time

This is a song that I wrote several months ago and as soon as I finished I kind of dismissed it. But recently when working on the Ready or Not album with Regan, we tried bringing it back and I really like the new sound. It's basically about those rough times that we go through and how vital it is to go to others that have dealt with similar things. With such an expanded body of friends, there is always experience out there to go to and learn how to deal with those things better. All I know is where I've been not where to go.


For the First Time
These broken eyes
Seem to see
The empty lies
I tell to me

What you have gotten through, holds true to me now

    You've seen this before
    Yeah, you've been through this door
    But I am here for the first time

    And all that I know
    Is where I've been not where to go
    Cause I am here for the first time

Wisdom goes
Further than I see
And the Lord knows
That I am weak

What you have gotten through, holds true to me now

Oh just to see a smile
On a face that's seen this day
Oh yeah and I can see the miles
But I know I'll be carried through the gray

No comments: